SUMMARIT-S 70MM F2.5 ASPH CS (E82)
• Free shipping throughout New Zealand
• Pick-up available from Auckland
Leica SUMMARIT-S 70MM F2.5 ASPH CS (E82)
The high-performance standard lens
The Summarit 70 f/2.5 ASPH. (CS) (56 mm in 35 mm format) is suitable as a standard focal length for an enormous range of photographic situations and, thanks to its speed and superior imaging quality, masters them at all apertures and focusing distances.The use of aspherical surfaces to almost completely eliminate monochromatic aberration is unusual for this focal length and underlines the exceptional character of this lens.
The eight lens elements of the Summarit-S 70 f/2.5 ASPH (CS) are arranged in six groups. Two cemented elements made from glasses with high anomalous partial dispersion minimize chromatic aberration, while glasses with extremely high refractive indices and an aspherical element counteract monochromatic aberrations.The built-in front filter is an integral part of the optical design and provides optimum protection against dust and spray. In this design, focusing in combination with a floating element ensures excellent performance in the close focusing range.
Ideal Standard For All Photographer Needs
- High-performance standard lens with an angle of view equivalent to that of a 56 mm lens in 35 mm format.
- Innovative central shutter for maximum design freedom when using additional light.
- Excellent imaging performance over the entire range and at all aperture settings.
- Extremely fast.
- Creative use of sharpness and blurring for the plastic extraction of motif details.
- Best image quality up to the edges due to aspherical optics.
- Weather- and dust-sealed lens.